❤️ Remembering Dolly Parton


What's good guys, hope you've all been well recently.

Today I want to speak about a sad subject. If you follow the news or even just been on social media you will have seen the extremely sad news that the icon Dolly Parton passed away on the 25th of August 2026.


I've taken a few days to take it in a bit as this one really hit me. Dolly was someone I grew up listening to as both my Dad and Mum were fans of her music. Even though my go to music is generally Rap music I still had a lot of respect for her graft.

She was an amazing vocalist and extremely talented when it came to writing songs. Which all songwriters can learn from. I know so many people will have been inspired by her, as have I.

'Jolene' is one of my favourite Dolly Parton songs, always loved the story behind it. Dolly said during an interview that the name and appearance was based off a young fan that had got on stage to get an autograph from her. She actually sung the name Jolene to remember it but misheard the name. Hence that's how we got the famous chorus. What a story.

As I was confirming the passing (as I don't believe everything I see on social media. I decided to check her Wikipedia page and realised that she was the original writer and singer of the famous Whitney Houston song 'I Will Always Love You'. Like seriously I never knew that and was genuinely in shock.


The song I would recommend everyone to listen to is '9 to 5'. This song pretty much describes everyone's average day down to a t. I honestly feel like everyone could relate to this song in one way or another.

Outside of music, she consistently poured millions into helping those who may be less fortunate than others. One of the ways she did this was via Dolly Parton's Imagination Library, where she donated hundreds of millions of books to children who otherwise may not have had the opportunity to read or own books.


Her charitable work is incredibly inspiring and touching. It just shows what an amazing human she was. I'm sure her work will continue to help people going forward too.

As I conclude this i just want to say. There's no better time than now to tell your loved ones that you love and appreciate them. Don't leave it until it's too late, or you will regret it. You can never say it enough.


Rest In Peace Dolly I truly hope you're up in heaven resting easy on that plush cotton that you wanted after all these years wearing Rhinestones.

Once again thanks for reading and take care all.

Peace!

Comments